Sunday 6 February 2011

Valentines For Him . . . . . Gent's Boxes . . . . . .

I've loved well made boxes for as long as I can remember. From my teenage years when I first really starting taking pride in my desk & it's tidiness as homework became more important so the more time I would spend there. Well  that was the plan,  pretty much straight  away I was just as concerned with what my belongings & stationary were housed in rather than actually what I was supposedly meant to be using them for.

It then grew into a love for creating an environment that was ideal for me to get dressed in & decide what type of day, that day, was going to be for me. As an avid collector of men's accessories, a chap does have to have a place to put these things, all in order of course, season by season.

Now some blokes may scoff at the idea of  A Man's Jewellery Box in public, but that doesn't mean at all that they would be displeased if presented  with one with which to house their rings,cases, cuffs, wallets, keys, glasses and so on. Trust me.

A man's Valet Box, as the American's call it, is I believe one of the best presents any man could get this Valentines Day. And he WILL find things to fill it up with! Online you can find these start around the £25.00 and go up  to £2,500.




Having had the same one for 3 years or so, picking it up for a couple of hundred pounds, it's sure to last me the rest of my lifetime & it's contets shall of course change & evolve but always be with me. 





 I can think of the beginning of the film "Amelie", her dad loves tipping out his tool box, cleaning it & placing everything back in again perfectly in place. And me too, only not my tool box. Cuffs & cases for me.



With desk organisers fairly hard to come by though, or ridiculously opulent at £13,500 below by T.Anthony, that's one item I'm thinkng of  actually making myself.


So I will need my proper tool box. Wanting a deep reddish brown croc effect leather I shall be starting on it this week hopefully! So these "Valets" though do come in a range of sizes  and of course prices.







 And of course aviailable are Vintage/Antique Gentleman's travelling cases.



Contemporary versions & the most exsqusite of all though are those made by Smythson. http://www.smythson.com/SmythsonSite/product/wp-1004355.htm


Above "Gentleman's Accessory Box" £1,195
                                  
Below, my own personal box after a Sunday's sort out!






Lighters filled, watches wound. All set for Monday!



                                       Ladies all we want are boxes, nice ones!

                                                           Dandy Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment